11 November 2013

Maastricht (+Hotel Mabi)

After Amsterdam, we went to Maastricht. 
I got the chance of taking a lot of food pictures, that I would normally post on instagram, but I deleted my account. Actually I'm totally absent from social media. Only facebook and blogger are on my webpage list. 

First, I'll show you things we ate and then a little review on hotel Mabi, where we stayed.
Also, a small list of places I recommend you to go to.

Oh, we had coffee inside a cathedral that now is a bookstore. Boom.


The breakfast was not fantastic...
Here I took bread+salami+ gouda cheese (holland=land of gouda cheese) + bacon and scrambled eggs which I passed to my sister and some musli thingy with ''chocolate'' that turned out to be raisins. I hate raisins.

Later that day, we went to the Chocolate Company for tea , coffee and chocolate!
This is my mum's espresso.


My tea.


At lunch we had Asian food. These are ''noodles from tokyo''
The restaurant was called GINGER.


I felt super full after eating them!

DINNER!!!
We went to a recommended Japanese-Thai restaurant.
It was called Thai Ichi
Here on the first image you can see wakame seaweed.
I really like it!
My sister chose chicken with cashew nuts, her favorite thai dish.

My dad went with sushi and sashimi.

I only ate the wakame salad and these salmon Maki.

I lied.
I also ate most of the green tea+red bean ice creams. 

*

*

*

REVIEW on hotel MABI.
Mabi stands for MA-astricht BIoscoop
The hotel was really well decorated, and was very comfortable.
It had a small cinema room, where black&white movies were playing all the time.
Anything from tooth brushes to umbrellas were provided by the hotel for free. Even apples were on a plate for you to take to your room. Also in the afternoons, it gives its clients a free glass of wine and olives. You serve yourself as many times as you want. Also, at coffee time they had coffee and pie for everyone.

Who said dutch people are stingy?

Oh, and wifi was available, working, and free.

*Alcohol is permitted from 16+, but in January they will change the law to 18*
I enjoyed my wine, and discovered I don't hate that much olives.
I like olives, but like 1 or 2 every 3 weeks. aha.

One of the most surprising, and amazing and super awesome features of this hotel is that...
...


...

FREE AVAILABLE CANDY EVERYWHERE!!!

The picture does not give credit. But I swear, there was candy everywhere. At the entrance there were these 4 pots filled with candy and lollipops. When the receptionist gave us the keys, she also gave us some mints. At the room we had candy on the beds to welcome us. And finally...before we left the hotel, me and my sister went to a quick pee in the hotel's bathroom...Guess what? next to the toilet paper, a glass filled with colorful candy. And not to forget more candy next to the sink.
After that, I started feeling sick of candy. 

The rooms were cozy and comfy. 
The double bed was quite big (compared to other European hotels)
The decoration (see lamp above) was very nice...


Big closet with safe,hangers etc...

Desk and TV.
IF you ever go there, remember to close the windows and the air grid, to avoid the cold.

The bathroom was really cool. I'd like to have one like this in my future appartment <3

The shampoo,bath and body lotion smelled one better than the previous one.
And the aromatic sticks really made me think i am under a fig tree, and not sitting on a toilet cup.

Free water to neutralize the sugar from the candy.



Many towels! (also some more in the closet)

I went crazy taking 1000 pics of the bathroom. But I decided not to torture you too much.

That's why this is the end of the post!

Nice addresses in MAASTRICHT:
Chocolate company (great for coffee,tea, hot chocolate and cakes)
Thai Ichi (Japanese+Thai food. I almost fainted because of the good taste and quality)
Mabi Hotel (located in the city centre , very comfy and full of good surprises)
Carnaval Shop (where I got my 20s flapper girl dress)

No comments:

Post a Comment