15 February 2014

Milan 2014

My first time in Milan, Italy. Spent 48 hours there.
This picture shows the Duomo, the cathedral, which is the main attraction in Milan.

DAY 1


 We visited the city centre.
There is a big square beneath the Duomo, and you can find big shops all around it!
Like La Rinascente. 
 The square with many many people.


The entrance to the Corso Vittorio Emmanuelle. 
More shops!

Inside the Gallerie.


Uh Hello.

On one side of the Duomo you could see they are working on it, and to 'cover' the works they displayed a huge DKNY advertisement... Italians know how to make money.

We flew in the morning to Milan, then walked from our rooms (not even hotel) to the city center and then back. Took us more than an hour in total but it was worth it!
As you can see I was very tired...

Day 2

My yummy breakfast at BAR BLIX, viale bligny,Milano. Here you have great address. 
The owner was very nice to us, who we, tried to talk good italian (and probably made mistakes)
 Okey, what is a Bahbohh post without food eh?
I'm not showing in the picture, but we had a latte machiatto and an espresso. EACH.
I took a donut out of greed...its pink okey? And my greed led me to be disappointed as it was filled with some ultra sweet strawberry syrup. The muffin was amazing. It had chocolate in the middle all the way through and nuts. Nuts help the brain work.

Why do I want my brain working?
Well, the point of the trip was for me to take a test at the Bocconi University.
This is an aptitude test (very similar to the SAT test, but its only for 90 minutes) which is very recommended if you wish to enter the university.
I believe I did a good job...maybe the maths were not as easy and anyways I had 90 questions in 90 minutes so some questions were left unanswered. 

Anyhow, after the test, some unorganised italian people managed to show us the residences for the students. The residences were alright, but one of them had a fitness+game place and a rooftop, which i'd love to use. After the visit to the University, we were hungry, and needy for food from Milan.

We found the most original place, very well decorated and FULL with italians. That's the place to go.
It is called Amici Miei, located at Viale Bligny,42,Milano.  (passing there? eat there)
It serves typical food from Lombardia, the region were Milan is found.

 We chose the daily menu, the first plate was soup.
We needed to warm up!
This soup had lentils and other legumes. Very tasty.

Second plate. I was already feeling full...and then saw this Cottoletta Milanese overflowing the plate.
Like literally, one third of it is outside the plate. Huge. I skipped the salad and decided to full my stomach with a special plate from Milan. It was so good. I could not stop. But I stopped because I was already eating more than what my stomach allows me to...
We ended our meal with an espresso machiatto. Delicious. 
Did I mention that both plates, a bottle of water and the coffee cost only 10 euros?
Like crazy cheap and enough food to feed me for an entire day.

Later, in the evening, my dad (yes, he is the other person in the 'we' )
wanted to visit a beer bar. But not any beer place, this place, produces its OWN beer.
My dad, as an artisan beer enthusiast decided we should go there have a beer.
We took a bus to arrive there, and then we almost got lost in the neighbourhood.


We finally found the street.

A scent between hops and marihuana came to my nose...

We went inside the Birrificio Lambrate. (another great address)
It was full of people. We found a table with some stools near the counter. On a blackboard there were written the names of the beers available at the moment.

The right one was mine, a blond one, quite light, with a sweet aroma.
The left one was stronger, and had an intense hops smell.
After this, my dad had a second beer and we took two paninis to have some kind of dinner.
I was so full from the previous meal I gave my panino to my dad.
Also, we met a very interesting guy, Manlio, who knew everything about politics,economics and anything related to human culture.

Next day we had breakfast at Bar blix again and then got ready to go to the airport. To which we took the metro and then a 50minute bus ride.
Milan is a beautiful city, it has its sunny days as well as rainy ones.
People are very welcoming and will be delighted to talk to you.
A little tip: learn some italian, they prefer italian to english.

Random picture of the day:

This is the beginning of my candy crush costume!
I made these with felt, fabric glue, fluff, and scissors (also, i used real Smarties for the brown candy)

I cut myself from the Videogame group picture.
I clipped the candy plashes on to an old grey dress and wore red leggings to match the jelly beans.

Okey That's it for today !
I've some posts coming up...as I'm probably going to travel for a few days to France. 
Stay tuned!






No comments:

Post a Comment